29.10.14

take courage for the hard things

hola mi familia!

Not much time to relay the last two days here, but just wanted to let you know that I am alive in Merida! My companion is Hermana Martinez from Guatemala — everyone has been telling me that she is the best of the best, and that I am super lucky. I have found this to be absolutely true. She is full of kindness and is an incredible teacher. We taught three lessons last night after orientation was finished (aka, she taught and I testified when I could), and we have four lessons lined up for tonight. It is hard to not feel inadequate, especially when I want to be like her and teach like her but have no idea how to do that in this language, but I am slowly learning to have courage for the small and hard things in life. We are in Mulsay, a town just twenty minutes outside of Merida--we get to go to church in the most beautiful white chapel that is right by the mission home and the temple.It is absolutely beautiful here,and I wouldn't be surprised if by the end of this all, I will want to stay forever. That being said, prayers are always appreciated because they can only add to the hope of courage. I love you and will try to write more and send photos next week (my P Day will be on Mondays).

Love you love you

No comments:

Post a Comment